Yonex ZR 100 Light is a budget-friendly racket that covers all the features of a double-priced badminton racket. Yes, the huge popularity proves the quality of this first Yonex racket made in India. In fact, the ZR 100 is widely recommended by coaches as the 1st racquet for beginners in India. Sounds interesting! Let’s dive into the detailed review of the Yonex ZR 100 light badminton racket that has got nearly 22000 ratings on Amazon.
- Construction Materials: The badminton racket features an aluminium frame and shaft, providing a balance of durability and lightweight performance....
- Weight and Grip Size: Weighing in the range of 95 to 99.9 grams (U), this racket is designed to offer a comfortable and maneuverable feel for players...
- Head Shape and Size: The racket adopts an isometric head shape, which expands the sweet spot for more forgiving shots and improved accuracy. With a...
- Japanese Development: Crafted with expertise in Japan, the racket reflects a commitment to quality and innovation. Japanese design and engineering are...
- Included Components : 1 x Badminton Racquet with cover
- Weight: 95 – 99.9 grams (U)
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Shaft Material: Steel
- Flexibility: Stiff
- Balance: Head Heavy
- Head Shape: Isometric
- String Tension: 19 – 26 lbs
- Grip: G3 (3.5″)
- Players Level: Beginners
- Playing Style: Defensive
- Designed in: Japan
- Made in: India
Overview of Yonex ZR 100 Light
Isometric Head: This racket has an isometric-shaped head. In an isometric head, you get more area for hitting with the square string bed. Due to the enlarged sweet spot, beginners can hit shots without much effort.
Low-Torsion Steel Shaft: The ZR 100 Light is made with a low-torsion steel shaft. So there is less probability of twisting this racket shaft, making it easy for beginners to handle.
Low String Tension: The lower the string tension enhances the sweet spot for more power in your shots. The recommended string tension of this racket is 19 – 26 lbs. This limit of string tension is good for beginners as they can induce power in strokes without losing extra energy.
Aluminum Frame with Steel Shaft: It is made with an aluminum frame and steel shaft. Aluminum and steel are the two materials that are always recommended for beginners. As they progress their journey in badminton, they will shift to graphite racket.
This is not a single-piece racket. A T-joint connects the aluminum frame and steel shaft.
Price: Yonex ZR 100 Light is available at a discounted price of nearly 500 rupees on Amazon India. You also have the opportunity to get a set of 2 which you may find more lucrative.
- Large sweet spot due to the isometric head with low string tension
- It can resist wear and tear
- Pocket friendly
- Option for many colors
- Comes with a full racket cover for protection
- Only recommended for beginners
- Not a jointless racket
Yonex ZR 100 Vs ZR 100 Light
The latest Light variant is the redesigned model over the original Yonex ZR 100. As the name suggests, the new model has a weight reduction of 10% (approx.) by reducing the weight of the aluminum frame and the T-joint.
About the Brand: Yonex
Yonex, a Japan-based sports goods manufacturing company, is undoubtedly the No. 1 brand for badminton rackets. The ZR 100 is the first badminton racket that has been manufactured in the Yonex factory in Bengaluru, India. Yonex products are always appreciated for innovative technology and the highest quality standards.
Alternatives of the Yonex ZR 100 Light
The GR 303 from the same brand is the closest alternative to this most popular badminton racket in India. There are also some other budget-friendly options that you may find in my article, “Top 10 Best Badminton Racket Under 1000 In India“
Also Read: “Yonex GR 303 Vs ZR 100: Which Racket is Better?“
The review of the Yonex ZR 100 Light depicts the nuts and bolts of one of the best budget-friendly badminton rackets for beginners that fits the basic requirements like isometric head and low string tension though some of the new learners may feel it slightly heavy.
Related Topic: “8 Best Badminton Rackets for Beginners 2023 in India“
Last update on 2024-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API